The Lake Erie Islands Historical Society, in partnership with other island businesses and non-profits, sponsors and supports through volunteers many great island events during the year on South Bass Island.
We also sponsor our own events such as our annual Island Auction, an annual Art Auction, and an Opening Party and Closing Party for our members, and those interested in becoming members, of the Lake Erie Islands Historical Society.
We could not continue to protect our priceless collection of historic artifacts and offer the general public to view these items and learn about island history without the generosity of our members and volunteers.
We appreciate everyone's continued support.
Check this page for updates on our upcoming 2021 events.
As we continue to navigate the affects and impact of COVID-19, we will revise our 2021 Calendar of Events with updates on the year's programming. We appreciate your patience.
- May 14 -- Museum and Resale Shop open for the 2021 season
- May 15 -- Island Wide Garage Sale -- 9 am to 6 pm. Check out the bargains at our Heritage Resale Shop
- May 15 -- Furniture Sale at the Museum -- Noon to 4 pm
- May 20 -- Preview of Estate Sale at the Stevens House (Hunker House)
- May 21 & 22 -- Estate Sale at the Stevens House
- TBA -- Museum Opening Party
June 5 -- Put-in-Bay Music Festival (Noon to 7 pm) Boathouse Bar Parking Lot
TBA -- Island Art Auction
August 6 -- Museum Auction at Heineman Winery
TBA -- 3 Island Tour
September 22 & 23 -- Put-in-Bay Road Races (9 am to 5 pm) Put-in-Bay Airport
October 2 -- Island Wine Festival (11 am to 5 pm) Put-in-Bay Winery
Put-in-Bay Road Races
Want to know more about the Put-in-Bay road races? The Put-in-Bay Road Race Heritage Society has all the information you could ask for!